This is a common issue that many of our customers face which is, when microwaved, popcorn are properly cooked but it leaves back the smell and some yellow butter stains. This even happens when you prepare your popcorn in an Air Fryer. So many of our customers ask us whether they can instantly get rid of this smell and stains for them to prepare the next dish? Our answer to this is absolutely Yes! There are a number of methods by which you can get rid of the smell as well as the stains immediately.
Methods to get Burnt Popcorn Smell Out of Microwave
These methods are simple and you can apply them with simple home hacks. You do not need to purchase any products to do so. Let’s have a look at the methods.
Method 1: Vinegar and Water
- Fill a bowl with ½ cup of water along with 1 Tablespoon of white vinegar in it and microwave it for 4-5 minutes.
- Post the microwaving is done, let it stay in the same place for around next 12 to 15 minutes.
- Now, remove the bowl from the microwave and rub out the insides with a paper towel and your microwave is smell and stains free
Vinegar absorbs the odor and helps remove the stubborn stains when in a steamed environment. This is why you are able to clean out easily.
Method 2: Lemon Water
Sometimes popcorn gets chewy, then there is another kind of smell that you can get rid of with this method.
- Take a small bowl and half fill it with water, cut a lemon into half and squeeze it in water bowl
- After you squeeze the lemon, put the squeezed lemon inside the bowl and microwave the whole thing for around 3-4 minutes
- Now, like vinegar, keep the bowl inside for around 12-15 minutes to steam in.
Citrus content in the lemons along with the steam absorbs all the bad odor and generates its own good odor.
Method 3: Baking Soda
- Take a shallow bowl of water and mix a Tablespoon of baking soda in it. This mixture has a liquid texture but thick liquid
- Now microwave the bowl for around 5 minutes and then let it sit for around 1 hour in the microwave with the closed microwave door.
- If your popcorn has burnt and the smell is way too much, then let the mixture stay in the microwave with closed door overnight
Baking soda method is little slow as compared to the other two methods but it is also an effective one. This is because baking soda is a deodorizer that powerfully takes off the any bad odor around.
Enjoy the Nutritious Popcorn without worrying about any smell or stains as these methods will easily help you in getting off the stains and any pungent smell. You might as well be worrying now whether to have popcorn or kettle corn, you can have any types of corns, these methods will help you get rid of all the bad or strong odors around in the kitchen.